The DoD CAF, in alignment with DoD Manual 5200.02 - Procedures for the DoD Personnel Security Program (PSP) and DoD Instruction 5220.6 - Defense Industrial Personnel Security Clearance, is standardizing the process for adjudicating Personnel Security Investigations (PSI) for eligibility and access to classified information.
• DoD military positions will be adjudicated to the highest level supported by the PSI (i.e. Tier 3/R to Secret; Tier 5/R to Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI))
• DoD civilian positions will be adjudicated to the sensitivity level specified in the PSI Agency Use Box (AUB)
• DoD National Industrial Security Program (NISP) positions (NISP contractors) will be adjudicated to the sensitivity level specified in the PSI AUB
The DoD CAF is aware that Facility Security Officers (FSO) cannot make changes to the AUB. If a NISP contractor requires SCI, the FSO should continue to submit a Customer Service Request - Supplemental Information to the Vetting Risk and Operations Center (VROC) indicating that the subject requires eligibility for SCI access.
Consult the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency’s (DCSA) frequently asked questions page, the VROC Knowledge Center, or the DoD CAF call center for additional information.
• External Website: https://www.dcsa.mil/mc/pv/dod_caf/
• VROC Knowledge Center: email@example.com
• DoD CAF Call Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.What clearance level will my employee receive?
Civilian and contractor employees will receive the clearance level requested through the Position Designation Tool (PDT) or on the Agency Use Box (AUB). Military service members will continue to receive the highest clearance level supported by the investigation (i.e. Tier 3/R to Secret; Tier 5/R to Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)).
We have changed our policy about how we adjudicate cases -- in particular Tier 5/5R cases.
2.What does this mean?
The policy means that we will:
A. Military -- adjudicate to the SCI level on Tier 5 investigations and re-investigations.
B. Civilian -- adjudicate to the level requested in the AUB as reflected by the PDT, unless they are
dual affiliated (i.e., reservists) and then we will adjudicate to the highest level required for their existing eligibility. C. Industry -- adjudicate to the level requested in the AUB (regardless of servicing SSO/FSO relationship) unless they are dual affiliated (i.e., reservists) and then we will adjudicate to the highest level required for their existing eligibility.
3. How does a Facility Security Officer (FSO) request SCI eligibility?
The FSO should continue to contact the VROC by CSR -Supplemental Information indicating the subject’s need for SCI.
4. What if my employee is dual category?
The employee will be adjudicated to the highest eligibility level required (i.e. dual civilian/contractor and reservist) and will receive the eligibility of the reserve category.