Despite the challenges caused by the current pandemic, the DoD CAF continues to operate at a high level. Here are some of our more recent accomplishments:
- For the first time in two years, the DoD CAF achieved a healthy inventory in May! This is a significant accomplishment as its inventory’s high mark was 202K in February 2019, due to receiving an influx of cases as the investigative inventory drastically reduced. Through hard work and various process improvements to maximize efficiencies, we adjudicated 1,467,648 cases (including background investigations; continuous evaluation alerts, incident reports and customer service requests) to return the inventory to steady state.
- The DoD CAF is working with its customers to mitigate any issues. The call center continues to support our customers using email (address below) inquiries. So far, we responded to over 17,106 inquiries from security managers and facility security officers.
- We modified our correspondence procedures to allow for increased electronic processing ensuring subject, security manager and facility security officer’s abilities to respond to our inquiries.
- Working with DOHA, the DoD CAF is exploring the use of alternative capabilities for conducting psychological evaluations at military treatment facilities and through our industry psychological evaluation contract service provider.
- We recently updated our adjudication procedures for Tier 5 and Tier 5R cases to adjudicate eligibility for civilian employees and contractors to the level requested in the background investigation. For industry subjects, the Vetting Risk Operations Center published specific guidance on requesting SCI adjudications at https://www.dcsa.mil/About-Us/News/News-Display/Article/2188112/vroc-issues-supplemental-guidance-on-tssci-eligibility-upgrade-requests-in-diss/
Lastly, we are committed to keeping you updated. Please watch the DCSA webpage at www.dcsa.mil, sign up for future notifications via GovDelivery at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDODDCSA/subscriber/new, or contact our call center at email@example.com for additional information.