DCSA Student Experience
The DCSA Student Experience (DSE) is a paid internship program designed to attract diverse and talented sophomores, juniors or seniors enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university. Students have an opportunity to gain marketable developmental experience in counterintelligence and insider threat, industrial security, personnel security, security training, and other DCSA core mission and support areas.
Students typically work for a recommended minimum of 10 weeks from June through August as full-time, temporary federal employees. Students that successfully complete the summer program may be eligible to return to their internship during academic breaks. Students must provide proof of full-time enrollment from an accredited institution in order to be considered. All students will successfully complete the security clearance process for a Secret level clearance and pass a drug screening test prior to receiving a final offer to participate in the program. Students who receive successful performance may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent position if all requirements are met. Funding availability, mission requirements, and other factors may apply.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Enrolled in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of a full-time undergraduate degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA or above (on a 4.0 scale) at the time of application. (must notate GPA in resume)
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Have the ability to pass pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Reside in the local commuting area of the program location during the summer.
- Meet other qualifications as stated in the application.
* Note: Newly enrolled freshman would be required to provide high school transcripts to confirm GPA requirement.
The DSE application period for summer 2023 has closed. Please check back later in fall 2023 to find information about summer 2024 opportunities. In the meantime, please continue to follow DCSA on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (links at the bottom of the page).
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
DCSA is an Excepted Service agency and does not participate in OPM's Pathways Program.