Jan. 7, 2021 —
This week, DCSA will deploy the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) Release 13.3.1, delivering functionality enhancements in both the Joint Verification System (JVS) and the Case Adjudication Tracking System (CATS). The scheduled DISS release outage will take place from Thursday, January 7 at 6:00 p.m. ET to Friday, January 8 at 2:00 a.m. ET.
Major features to the Joint Verification System (JVS):
- Component adjudicators can now grant interim HSPD-12 and/or suitability determinations based on non-tiered investigation types.
- Industry users can now request an SCI-level investigation.
- Added a new contract number field to the investigation request workflow.
- Added a new report schedule and pick-up functionality.
- Added new JVS reports for task inbox and notifications.
- Implemented updates to the following JVS reports: Hosting Visit, Subject, SCI Access, and the Periodic Reinvestigation.
Major features to the Case Adjudication Tracking System (CATS):
- DoD CAF users can now manually change adjudication cases from "Human Interim" to "Human Adjudication" status.
- VROC users can now modify the periodic reinvestigation and break-in-service check boxes during the review task.
Major features to the Appeals Module:
- No new enhancements added.
Capability releases are part of DCSA's ongoing effort to ensure DISS meets or exceeds all existing JPAS functionality. DCSA will continue to post updates at www.dcsa.mil regarding the ongoing JPAS-to-DISS transition.
For DISS questions, contact DCSA.ContactCenter@mail.mil or the help desk at 800-467-5526. Customer service hours are from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday (excluding Federal holidays).