Feb. 2, 2021 —
On Monday, February 8, DCSA will deploy the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) Release 13.3.2, delivering functionality enhancements in both the Joint Verification System (JVS) and the Case Adjudication Tracking System (CATS). The scheduled DISS outage will tentatively take place on Monday February 8, from 6:00 p.m ET to Tuesday, February 9 at 2:00 a.m ET
Features enabled in the Joint Verification System:
- Capability to upload select documents within the Subject Details page. Note: once documents are uploaded via the Subject Documents tab, they are viewable and downloadable in CATS only.
- Capability to resume an investigation that has been previously halted or paused.
- New Security Office Identifier (SOI) codes to the investigation request pull-down menu.
- Secret (NATO) and Restricted Data access levels can now be granted for Interim Top Secret eligibility.
- New columns in the JVS User Roles and Optional Permissions report for role granted, optional permission(s), and last action taken.
Features enabled in the Case Adjudications Tracking System:
- Ability to change investigation request type.
- Ability to review and edit Extra Coverage Codes upon industry investigation request submission to VROC.
Features enabled in both JVS and CATS:
- New displays timers to track each phase of the investigation request process:
- 30-day timer for individuals to register and log into eQIP.
- 90-day timer for individuals to complete and submit the eQIP application.
- 90-day timer for both SMO and VROC to review the investigation request.
- Access to VROC report for Industry Process Team roles in CATS and Security Manager roles in JVS.
- 508 compliance statement within all DISS applications.
DISS RELEASE 13.3.2 fixes
DCSA is soliciting end user community feedback on DISS features and functionality and is working to continuously improve performance. Release 13.3.2 addresses capability concerns around rare cases of improper investigation resets, inability to access certain reports, and missing report features. DCSA is working to address known issues surrounding citizenship updates, erroneous error messages in the investigation request wizard, and irrelevant from/to fields in JVS reports.
Capability releases are part of DCSA's ongoing effort to ensure DISS meets or exceeds all existing JPAS functionality. DCSA will continue to post updates at www.dcsa.mil regarding the ongoing JPAS-to-DISS transition.
For DISS questions or to submit a ticket for data correction, contact DCSA.ContactCenter@mail.mil or the help desk at 800-467-5526, Menu Option #1: DISS. Customer service hours are from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday (excluding federal holidays).