Security and Privacy Notice
- Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Internet website is provided to the public by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, an agency of the United States Department of Defense.
- Information presented on the DCSA Internet website may be freely distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you decide to send us personally identifying information (e.g., in an email message containing a question or complaint), we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information you have requested. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We neither create individual profiles with the information you provide, nor do we give it to any private organizations. We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of hyperlinks on this page does not constitute endorsement (by the Federal Government, Department of Defense, or the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency) of linked websites or the information, products or services contained therein. The Defense Security Service does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at linked locations. Links to external links sites may only be provided when consistent with DoD and DSS policies on website administration. Questions or concerns about links provided on this website should be addressed to the DCSA Office of Congressional and Public Affairs Contact DCSA page.